This site hosts the Boys and Girls Youth and High Schoolprograms. General Program Messages are listed here on the main page, while team messages are listed under each team on (you guessed it!) the Team pages. The Team pages can be accessed by selecting the Team tab, above.
CLC COVID Protocol Policy
The Cheshire Lacrosse Club Youth divisions will follow the Connecticut State Department of Public Health (DPH) and Chesprocott guidelines as related to COVID 19 protocols for sport activities.See the attached DPH document for further details. It is essential that parents keep their respective Division Director (i.e. Boys or Girls) informed of any COVID related issues.
The key protocols are as follows:
- Mask wearing - Required at all times during practices. In accordance with DPH guidelines, masks will not be required (but are optional) for players while competing in games but will be required for all spectators, coaches and players on the sidelines, and officials during inactive time.
- Quarantine – There are two types of exposures that need to be reported: “Positive Test” and “Close Contact”.
UPDATE - 4/27/21:
The CDC released new guidelines for athletes on quarantine.
An option to shorten quarantine to 10 days with a negative PCR test on day 8 or later for individuals who remain asymptomatic throughout their quarantine period has been added. Risk assessment data from CDC has indicated that the residual risk profile in this shortened quarantine scenario is similar to a full 14-day quarantine without a test.
1) This is for quarantined athletes only who may have come in contact with a positive. A positive athlete must remain 14 days and complete a return to play
2) The PCR test must be administered on day 8 or later from the start of the quarantine period.
3) The athlete cannot return until they present a negative test result showing it happened on day 8 or later
4) Individuals who remain free from any COVID-19 symptoms and are either fully vaccinated (i.e. 14 days after their final vaccine dose) or have fully recovered from a known COVID-19 infection in the prior 90 days do not need to quarantine if they have been identified as a close contact of a known COVID-19 case.
These policies remain fluid and are based on the most recently released information from DPH (currently the 3/19/21 guidance attached in the Documents Section). We will continue to update as information may change.
NOTE: For Games - Fans may or may not be allowed to be in attendance. (Note: This may vary for away games – so check with your coach). For CHS TURF we will follow school policy. For Bartlem Park we will follow Park & Rec policy. In both cases, spectators will be required to wear masks and socially distance.