Below is a list of standard lacrosse equipment that is required for each player.
1. Helmet (NOCSAE approved helmet free of stickers)
2. Lacrosse Shoulder Pads
3. Lacrosse Rib Pads
4. Lacrosse Arm Pads
5. Lacrosse Gloves
9. White Socks
10. Lacrosse stick (see description below)
STICK REQUIREMENTS (CONNY Rules)
1. Bantam and Lightning attack/middie sticks must be from 37"-42" long
2. Lightning defensemen sticks must be from 47"-54" long 2. Junior and Senior attack/middie sticks must be 40"-42" long
3. Junior defenseman sticks must be from 52"-62" long
4. Senior defenseman sticks must be from 62"-72" long
NOTE: Sticks MUST HAVE a manufactured rubber butt-end cap and shooting strings MUST BE NO LONGER than 2 inches.
During the early season practices it is cold and sometimes rainy. If that is the case, then please layer your child with outer and under layer clothing. The clothing should be blue, white or black in color. We suggest clothing such as:
1. Polypropylene full-sleeve jersey (worn under the equipment). Many kids prefer the UnderArmour brand.
2. A thin water resistant breathable top
2. Polypropylene long underpants. Many kids prefer UnderArmour.
3. Water resistent running warm up pants
4. Thin gloves liners (such as those worn under ski mittens)
Don't dress your child in a winter coat or ski pants since we will run a lot and they will overheat.
ALSO:Bring your own water bottle....and most importantly drink water about 1 hour PRIOR to any athletic endeavor (HYDRATE-HYDRATE-HYDRATE!!) If your thirsty after the first 15 minutes of practice/game - ITS TOO LATE!!!